Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

The End

One more day and our program at IICD is over. After 11 months of pure learning adventure the time has come to leave for Colorado. It has been such a successful worthwhile time. We've been all over the states and interacted with so many varieties of Americans, truly we have a diverse country although cultural and societal segregation makes it hard to see (other then educators telling us we do).

Then Belize, wow what a time, a hard time, a good time, a blessed time. I feel that Belize is my adopted country and Otoxha my adopted hometown. Never have I felt the way I felt in Otoxha, a completely new experience for me, something I never thought I would get to see only to read.It made me realize that this world is huge and small. That our lives are to short and minds to narrow to be stuck in lala land. GO OUT AND SEE THE WORLD. I used to be scared or ignorant of others situations but now I realize all the fear instilled in me was not reality even if Fox says it was.

I've come to a feeling of intense love for humanity through my experiences of this past year, as well as a feeling of patience with those that are different. I'm so grateful for everyone who helped me through this adventure from my family to the villagers I came to love. For now I look towards the mountains and say "Power to the People!"

No comments: