Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back home in USA

We made it back to my motherland the USA. After 5 months in Central America it is good to be home. We will miss Belize and I'm sure this isn't a permanent goodbye to our adopted country. My feelings are a bit strange as I feel in limbo between the village and American civilization and the impact of our adventure has not fully come to a close. I want to say thank you to our families who supported us through this process and to IICD and Humana for the experience.

More then ever I feel happy to be an American and I am sure this is where I belong. I think there are many problems here economically, culturally etc. but what place doesn't. The only difference is this is my home country and this is the place I can have the biggest impact. This parallels in our village of Otoxha. Although I think we did a great job only motivated individuals from Otoxha who believe in the unity and betterment of their home can carry on development and educational work that will seriously impact the community. We hope we left a small spark in some of the women of the village who are starved for a decent and equal lifestyle.

But solidarity will continue to guide me in life and I can't wait for what adventures lie ahead. For now I am in Michigan for another month then back home to Colorado, the future is open and I see the sun coming up red!!!

No comments: