Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Village

The wine tasting fundraiser has come and gone now and after a week of being able to finally relax and breathe again, I can look back on the event and all of the preparations behind it, and feel relieved. It was so successful in so many ways, I couldn't have asked for anything more. The thing that stood out to me the most through the entire experience, from planning the event, getting donations, setting up, to the turn out itself, is this amazing feeling of support and community that came out of it. We had complete strangers donating their time or work, local businesses donating their services, family members and friends dedicating their time and energy (and money) to my family members and Brian supporting my numerous breakdowns, to amazing acupuncture treatments, to therapy sessions with my bootcamp instructor. And then you have the gracious people who came to the fundraiser. It was a beautiful combination of our families and some close friends, to distant  friends of the family, people who knew me when  was a baby or who I haven't seen in years, to people I didn't know at all.  It reminds me of the saying, 'it takes a village to raise a baby'. I'm not exactly sure who or what is the baby in this scenario, but when there was a call for help, a whole village came to support us. So thank you to all of you who are apart of our "village", who supported us in any or in many ways, we really couldn't have pulled off such a successful fundraiser without you, and we couldn't be where we are, 21 days away from starting our adventure without you!

No comments: