Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One Month Left

We are officially 2/3 of the way done with our training and our time here at IICD. Its a busy time with wrapping up fundraising, preparing our project binders, planning our month of investigation through Central America, doing crash courses in Spanish, shifting project leaders, taking care of sick Brian, deciding who will go North and who will go South (two of us will be in the northern part of Belize and two in the southern. they are very different situations in a lot of ways), and getting mentally prepared to leave! Whew!!

Anthony our team leader has to do some travelling of his own so we got shifted over to Lola! She was on the Brazil team January 2010 and we are very excited and feel so lucky to now have the support and wisdom of TWO great team leaders. Lola will also be the one that is with us on our investigation period.

It is really exciting to be getting so close to the end- and sad too. This month is filled with so much preparation that feels really real and practical now. I am starting to really imagine what it will be like and what kinds of people I will meet and experiences I will encounter. I am really anxious to finish fundraising just to get that weight off of my shoulders and be able to put all of my attention on my other preparations.

So many exciting things to come- I can't wait for this next and final month here at IICD!

No comments: