Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Fundraising in Chicago and Preparation for Belize

We have decided to finish our fundraising during the weekends in Chicago. This last weekend was our first excursion to Chicago. We couchsurfed and stayed with some amazing Romanians. They were great and really inviting. Actually they recommended us to many stores in which we did great at. In the end we raised $2,100 in three days!!! We felt very accomplished.

Chicago is very beautiful and incredibly diverse it probably has a community from every country in the world. Personally we were in the Korean and Eastern European areas. The Korean community was very hard on us, but the E.Europeans really contributed.

Throughout fundraising I had some virus or the flu, still I'm recovering. So it was very difficult to fundraise but I forced myself to (against the recommendations of Andra and Sunny).

Now we are working on our project binders which we will bring with us obviously to the projects. This includes agricultural, social, hygienic, medicinal and literary material we will/can use at our project. I missed the beginning of it because I was bed-ridden yesterday but Andra had brought me up to speed today and I'm very excited to get started on it.

No comments: