Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The upcoming storm and a Short Victory SCREAM

Back home at IICD!!! After 2 weeks of hard work we made $500 over our goal!!! The total fund-raised was $6,521.00. It was quite the experience and one I'm better off with. Last night I drove from 6:30pm to 12:30am, it was long but I was awake the whole time. I volunteered to keep going even though Sunny offered to drive many times but I think I was excited to get back.

Now at IICD the February Africa Team started with a total of 14 people, 7 Koreans, 3 Brazilians, 2 Japanese and 2 Americans (woohoo Americans are starting to represent). They all seem nice for the limited time I have seen them. But its about to get crazy in IICD with nearly 60 people here tomorrow.

The Young Detroit Builders are coming for a 3 day retreat at IICD. This has been happening for some time (the retreats) but tomorrow will be my first time meeting them. I think there a group of only 20. Plus a Danish school of 12 are here for the next week so they can experience America and do various activities around the area.

It will be so exciting and exhausting for the next week but I'll keep posting updates (hopefully).

Heres the website for YDB http://www.youngdetroitbuilders.com/

No comments: