Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fundraising is on its way!

We had a very successful and very fun Family Fundraising Party a few weeks ago. It was so nice to have all of the family (mine and Brian's) together in one place, getting to share more about what we will be doing and spending precious time with the people that we love and care about so much! We are both so so incredibly grateful for all of you that came to support us (and those that supported us in spirit) that day. We really feel so loved and truly blessed to have such amazing people who have our backs and support us both financially as well as emotionally! We really couldn't be doing what we are doing with out all of you so a HUGE thank you to you!

Time is ticking away and we have now started counting down days instead of months! Somehow we skipped the weeks, I think thanks to my mother, and it really sent me into a bit of a panic mode! I know that saying 6 weeks is the same as 40 something days but once the word "days" is thrown in there, it feels so close and so real! We have been really getting into looking at what the weather will be like in Michigan and in Belize as well as looking up You Tube videos of different cultural aspects of Belize. We started looking into Garifuna dance and music and we are now practicing our booty shaking abilities so that we can try to keep up! I encourage you to get on and look at some of the videos and, if you are brave enough, try it out! I do it when I am listening to music alone in my room so no one can judge me while I am practicing! Its a fun way to start getting in the mood! I am posting a couple that we have found on to our blog. they are on the right side, under the map of Belize. Enjoy!

We are still on for our wine tasting event! It will be Sunday September 26th at 5 pm. I will post our flyer soon and there will be invitations out soon as well! We are looking at having some amazing prizes and games and some DELICIOUS wine to taste! Mark your calendars now and contact us if you would like to purchase tickets!

We are really getting excited now and we have so much to do to get prepared so stay tuned and check in often to keep in the loop about what we are up to!

No comments: